Hi guys in todays post we will be talking about female hair loss and stress.
In the first part we will talk about how many types of stress related hair loss there is. Then we will move on to the cures and medications that you will be able to take for these, then at the end we will find out that most times you do not need medication, hair just grows back by its self once the underlining problem has been solved.
UNDERSTANDING FEMALE HAIR LOSS
In today s modern world stress is a big problem in both men and women whether it is physical or emotional, this in turn can lead to hair loss, because of the period involved in hair growth cycle, people often start loosing hair weeks or even months after the stressful event occurred, and this can continue several months afterwards. Thankfully once the stressful event has passed hair will grow back naturally. There are several things that you can do to help your hair grow quickly.
By eliminating the causes of your stress and taking good care of your hair, you can reduce the effects of hair loss.
Firstly know that there are several types of stress related hair loss.
- Alopecia areata; With this condition, your immune system switches on the hair follicles and this in turn causes hair loss, at times in chunks. There are lots of factors behind this type of hair loss, stress being one of the main ones.
- Trichotillomania; This condition in the most part is down to the person themselves, as it involves the person themselves systematically pulling out their own hair from their head, eyebrows or other parts of their body, this is their way of coping with stress, depression,loneliness or boredom.
- Telogen effluvium; With this condition stress may cause hair follicles into a resting mode, preventing hair from growing, even several months later hair may suddenly fall out in greater volume than normal, this I think is the most common form of hair loss.
Confirm a diagnosis by seeing a doctor
With each type of hair loss the link between stress and hair loss is not clear.
- Sometimes the hair loss is caused directly by stress, other times stress makes an existing condition worse, in some cases the hair loss IS the cause for stress.
- Although most times hair loss will not need any significant medication to regrow, in other cases you will need medication as here stress is not the culprit but some other serious underlying problem, hence it is very important to consult with a doctor
- Some conditions that cause hair loss are hypothyroidism, autoimmune diseases such as lupus and poly cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), with hypothyroidism and PCOS there are options available which will aid you in your hair regrowth, however with autoimmune there are no such options, this condition could be permanent.
Most often hair will grow back naturally
If your hair loss is stress related, then the most important thing to do is eliminate the root cause of the stress.
- Once you eliminate the thing that is causing you stress then hair will regrow naturally.
- Patience is a virtue, so it is very important to be patient as the growth cycle of hair takes time, so your hair will not grow back immediately but will take a bit of time, it could be a number of months before you see any results.
- Avoid stress by keeping yourself occupied, when we occupy ourselves then we stop thinking about the thing that is stressing us out and it keeps our mind busy, have faith in yourself and you’ll be fine.
So in conclusion, know that female hair loss and stress sometimes go hand in hand, in this article we have talked a bit about how stress causes hair loss, and what different types of conditions there are, The most important thing is to consult with your doctor, and finally we found that most of the time your hair will regrow naturally, so quit stressing, hope you enjoyed this post and I will be posting another article about how to reduce stress naturally, so please don’t forget to read that.